Jerome - Ghouls with BoulesEdit
- This is the biggest and oldest petanque club in Arizona. Players come from Jerome, Sedona, Flagstaff, Clarkdale, Prescott, and all over the Verde Valley. The group is active, and they have several locations where they play.
- Play begins on Sundays at 2 pm and often goes until dark.
- Call or email in advance for specifics about the time and location. If you don't you won't find us.
- 145 North Drive, Jerome, AZ 86331 (map)
- For more information, phone
Bill Volk - 928-634-3710 Ron Richie – 928 274-1970 Richard Johnson – 857 636-2606 Gary Felix – 928 202-6230
- Jerome sits on the side of a mountain. When the club began, the flattest part of town was the parking lot near the old cemetery, so that's where they played. Hence Ghouls with Boules. The 360 degree scenic view of the mountains, forest, and town are fantastic.
Phoenix - Phoenix PetanqueEdit
- Adam Tinoco and friends have an annual tournament each year.
Tucson - Tucson Petanque ClubEdit
- The Tucson Petanque Club is an informal group of Tucson residents and winter visitors.
- We play in Reid Park, 2pm on Sundays, between Columbus Day and May Day.
- See our web site for detailed directions.
Tucson - Tucson Saguaro Petanque ClubEdit
- The club was founded in 2012 by Denis Moriniere. It is now inactive, but if you give Denis a call, he's usually up for a game. Telephone (520) 901-0484.
Tucson - South Forty Petanque LeagueEdit
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/southforty.petanqueleague
- We are a group of retired people living in the South Forty RV Park, 3600 W Orange Grove Rd, Tucson, AZ (map) Many of our players are winter visitors.
- Each winter, we set up teams in January, and play from January 15 to March 15, Wednesday and Friday at 10am.
- Our courts were originally built as shuffleboard courts, but we have converted them for petanque. We have been playing League petanque at the South Forty RV Ranch since about 2008.
Tucson - Park West PlayersEdit
- Open to residents of Park West Mobile Estates, a retirement community. Not open to the public.
- Located at 3003 West Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ. (map)
- The playing area is a hard red clay bocce court that has been divided into two short petanque terrains.
Prescott - Granite Creek Park (terrain)Edit
- A group used to play on the trails at Granite Creek Park (map)
Willcox - Willcox playersEdit
- A group briefly played with June & Marvin Brown, at Brown's Orchard, 5774 Atwood Road, Willcox, AZ 85643. We've lost contact with them and the Brown's Orchard web site is gone.
Yuma - Sunridge RV Park PlayersEdit
- Sunridge RV Park web site is http://www.yumarvparks.com/sun-ridge-rv-park
- Location is 10347 E 34th St, Yuma, AZ 85365 (map)
- We have a group of about 20 players, men and women.
- We play daily (Monday thru Friday) at 9 am from October to April.
- When the weather is warm, we also often play in the evening "under the lights".