Atlanta Petanque LeagueEdit
In March 2018, Peter Gibson founded the Atlanta Petanque League with the goal of providing a support organization for petanque clubs in the greater Atlanta area.
To Read more in the news see the Herald Newspaper Article published For our Bastille Day Social.
As of Sep 2018 there are two clubs in the league
See our Calendar for planned practices & social.
Roswell - Roswell Pétanque ClubEdit
- Meetup link
- Play 1st and 3rd Saturdays 10am.
- Location: 830 Grimes Bridge Road, Roswell. Courts on left as you enter.
Buckhead - Hanover West Boules ClubEdit
- In the Buckhead area, Jim Askren has a large court in a quiet cul-de-sac.
- Play 2nd and 4th Saturdays 10am.
- email Jim Askren at email@example.com
Athens - Le Boule Dogs Edit
- As of March 2017 Le Boule Dawgs is no longer active under that name. For more information, see THIS on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LeBouleDawgs
- The successor is the Classic City Petanque Club (see below) or Les Boule Dogs. Petanque in Athens was initiated by Le Boule Dawgs, a group of faculty and students at the University of Georgia. Though they played for several years, Le Boule Dawgs is defunct as of October 2016 but their legacy lives on through the Classic City Petanque Club. The Classic City Petanque Club is a group of regular players interested in bringing the game of Petanque to a wider audience in Athens and Northeast Georgia. The Classic City Petanque Club plays at the Pétanque terrain at 297 Hoyt Street at the Lay Park and Community Center and along the tracks behind 585 Barber Street. Petanque is a quick and easy game to learn and it is an enjoyable, social activity that utilizes and develops concentration, strategizing, mindful focus, and body-mind coordination. There is no cost at all to play, and we have some Petanque balls for you to use. Some Club members play throughout the week so a pick-up game is always possible. Beginners and all ages and skill levels are welcome! If you are interested in playing Petanque send a Facebook message to @boulesathens or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you. A très bientôt sur les terrains.
Athens - Classic City Petanque ClubEdit
- Former Lamorinda Petanque Club member Ron Wallach moved to Athens, and in association with long-time Athens residents Heidi Davison and Rob Trevena, started the Athens Petanque Club, which plays in the same location where Le Boule Dawgs used to play. The club was later renamed the Classic City Petanque Club.
- For a newspaper article on the club, see THIS and THIS
- Times: Thursday 9:00-11:30, weather permitting
- Location: 585 Barber Street Athens, GA (map) behind Buvez and at Lay Park and Community Center near downtown Athens.
Clayton - Rabun County Petanque Edit
- Located in Clayton, Georgia
- Started by Honor Woodward in July 2018
- Play on the upper ballfield at the Rabun County Rec Department
Marietta - Cyrille Cardona and "Rabelais" dinner groupEdit
- French-born Cyrille Cardona and his American-born wife Courtney have a petanque court behind their house.
- Their French dinner group “Rabelais” (Alexander Monnot, Pierrck Duchassin, Nicolas Philippe) meets once a month at different members homes in the Cobb area.
- Cardona recently installed a pétanque court in the backyard of his home. The Cardonas often entertain around the pétanque court. They recently hosted their French dinner group, “Rabelais,” made up of Francophiles and Francophones that meet once a month at different members homes in the Cobb area. “We do (Rabelais) on a Sunday afternoon so we can play pétanque,” Cardona said. -- article in the Marietta Daily Journal, November 11, 2012