Worcester - Le Mistral Club of PetanqueEdit
- see the Boston Petanque Club
Boston - Boston Petanque ClubEdit
- The Boston Petanque Facebook group page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/100304862598/ This is a group for people in the greater Boston area who are interested in playing pétanque. Play is ad hoc. Post there if you're looking to play.
- There are suitable locations to play in Boston and the surrounding area.
- Perry Park in Somerville
- Burns Park (422 Summer Street) in Arlington
- Commonwealth Ave. at Charlesgate (behind Leif Ericsson statue)
- the Rose Kennedy Greenway (in front of Hotel InterContinental)
- See also http://bostonpetanqueclub.blogspot.com/
- About the time of World War I, almost half-a-million Armenian refugees fled the Armenian genocide and settled in the Marseille area, where they learned both French and petanque. Later, many of those French-speaking, petanque-playing French-Armenians emigrated to Worcester, MA, which is today home to a significant Armenian-French-American community. What began as the Le Mistral club in Worcester eventually evolved into today's Boston Petanque Club